Thursday, November 2, 2006

Aiming for French West Africa

Ever since late August 2006 (actually, ever since May 2006 and February 2005, the dates of two dramas staged as fundraisers for a missions trip), I have been hoping to participate in a trip to Niger. After my formal acceptance with the mission SIM, and the purchase of return airfare to Niamey, I am preparing to go. This is so exciting! It is a lifetime dream come true for me, to make a cross-cultural trip as part of a mission. I appreciate all the skillful work that our team leader, Mrs. S, is doing on our behalf. With a group effort, we will be ready to go by the departure date, Boxing Day. Thank you to those who have generously made donations on my behalf. It is much appreciated! Please pray for me for the remainder of my support and for good health. Thanks again!

No comments: