Friday, September 7, 2007

# 1 in the US Football Trilogy


My friend and I got some notion of the "Friday Night Lights" experience. We attended a local high school football game between Rockville High Rams and the Northwood Gladiators, in Rockville, Maryland. The final score, 21 to zero, appeared lopsided, but the game was actually closer than that, and hard fought.

I was impressed with both football programs. There was plenty of intensity, but it seemed that everyone involved was having fun. I am particularly impressed with the Northwood program.

A mom at the game informed us that Northwood High had closed, but came back into existence four years ago. For this school to put together a competitive team (the half time score was 7-0), is a wonderful accomplishment.

I am looking forward to # 2 in the Trilogy, the NFL game this Sunday.

No comments: