Thursday, December 27, 2007

HOW COULD THEY?

I am deeply grieving today. We lost a great one, Benazir Bhutto, much too soon before she should have died. How could they just simply kill her? She was special.

I know that I really have no clue about Pakistan politics, but I have admired and have been entranced by Bhutto ever since she became Prime Minister of Pakistan twenty years ago, and actually gave birth while in office. I was saddened when she was forced from office on charges of alleged corruption.

How could she now meet the same fate as her late father, murdered by a citizen of the great state for which Benazir and her father had such great love and vision? It is just not fair. She should have had a chance to contest the current election to see if the majority wanted her back, or if maybe there was a possibility of a workable coalition.

I just cannot believe it. The beautiful, well educated, well spoken and affable Benazir Bhutto is suddenly gone, all because of some coward with a gun. This is indeed a great tragedy.

We will miss you, Benazir.

No comments: