Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Fred is dead

I can't believe it. How could it happen to one of the twins?

Before the dramatic book sale, I contemplated who would be killed off in the final instalment, as promised by the author. I didn't really think any of the big three would be eliminated. But someone else of note would have to go.

Since I didn't remember the name of the other twin, I guessed "Fred will be killed." My prognostication, partly in jest, was met with scorn from my spouse and daughter.

However, when that same daughter, a big fan of the book and movies, finished the seventh volume last night, she appeared from her ivory tower, looked at me and blurted out "Fred was killed!" She glared at me like I was some kind of seer.

I guess you just have to know what you are talking about. A little bit of luck is also helpful.

No comments: